Our Choice and Magnet Programs
The instructional focus of the Greenwood District 50 Choice and Magnet Programs is tailored to specific educational goals and outcomes. Our programs provide ample choices that match the interests and aptitudes of the students in our elementary, middle, and high schools.
Our elementary choice programs offer parents and students the opportunity to apply to attend a school other than the school for which they are zoned. Selection of non-zoned students is based on school capacity and determined through lottery. The design of our middle and high school magnet programs meet specific needs and reflect distinct educational philosophies. Each of these programs provide students with individual attention and challenging coursework geared to nurture a student's unique interests.
The Greenwood District 50 choice and magnet programs offer diverse opportunities such as specific teaching methods, special course offerings, or an emphasis on a particular field of study.
Qualifications for Choice & Magnet Programs
- All student applicants should be eligible to attend school in Greenwood School District 50.
- Each year, based on the expected enrollment and capacity of each school, the school district decides how many students are approved to attend one of our Choice or Magnet Schools.
- Choice and Magnet options are available for all students regardless of disability. Educational services for a student with special needs are detailed in their Individualized Education Program (IEP) OR 504 Individual Accommodation Plan.
- Choice and Magnet students must maintain exemplary punctuality, attendance, and cooperate with the school in regards to academic and disciplinary expectations as a condition of remaining at the school.
- The Choice and Magnet Application Process begins the second week of December each year and concludes the last week of January each school year. (All dates and deadlines are subject to change.)
Greenwood School District 50 is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is the policy of the District not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact the Office of Human Resources or the Office of Administration at 864-941-5400 if you have questions.
Parent Request Form for Removal from a Choice or Magnet Program