Student Transfer Requests
Student transfer requests for the 2023-2024 school year will open April 1, 2023 and close on July 10, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Teran Nickles at [email protected] or 864-941-5411.
Processing of student transfer requests will begin in June. Only rising 9th grade request
will be reviewed beginning in May. Responses will be e-mailed to the e-mail address
provided on the form.
IN-DISTRICT STUDENT TRANSFER REQUEST
If you reside in the Greenwood School District 50 attendance area and wish to request that your child attend a school, in District 50, other than the one to which he/she is zoned to attend, you must complete an in-district transfer request.
To complete an in-district transfer request, click here
OUT-OF-DISTRICT STUDENT TRANSFER REQUEST
If you do not reside in the Greenwood School District 50 attendance area and wish to request permission to enroll your child in Greenwood District 50, you must complete an out-of-district enrollment request.
To complete an out-of-district enrollment request, click here
REGULATIONS AND GUIDELINES FOR OUT-OF-DISTRICT STUDENTS
student(s) and presented or mailed to the District 50 Administrative Office.
2. All district and school policies, rules, and regulations will apply to all out-of-district students
immediately upon enrollment in District 50.
3. Greenwood School District 50 will determine school assignment and placement within the
school for all out-of-district students who are accepted into the district.
4. Any out-of-district student who desires to enroll in District 50 must be in good standing with his/her
home school and district.
5. Enrollment of any out-of-district student must not cause a financial burden for District 50. Any
excess cost in educating an out-of-district student must be borne by the parent(s), guardian(s),
and/or home district.
6. Greenwood School District 50 will not provide transportation for out-of-district students.
7. Continued enrollment in District 50 for any out-of-district student is contingent upon cooperation by
both student and parents.
8. Approval of requests may be revoked at any time for reasons including, but not limited to: (1)
violation of school rules, (2) academic performance, (3) an accumulation of excessive absences and/or tardies, (4) submitting false information, (5) if at any time this causes class size to become a problem, and (6) if required
services are not already available.
9. Approval of all transfer request are subject to school capacity, reason for transfer, and student behavior.
10. Athletic eligibility is determined by the rules of the South Carolina High School League.
11. Failure at any time to comply with the above regulations may result in the student’s return to
his/her home district.
1. Any out-of-state student who desires to enroll in Greenwood School District 50 must provide the
administrative office with proof of legal guardianship if he/she is living with someone other than
2. Any out-of-state student who desires to enroll in District 50 must be in good standing with
his/her home school and district.
3. The above regulations and guidelines for out-of-district students also apply to out-of-state
STUDENT RELEASE REQUEST
If you reside in the Greenwood School District 50 attendance area and wish to request that your child be released to attend school in another school district (for example: Ninety Six), you must complete a release request.
To complete a release request, click here
Student releases are approved pending acceptance by the school district to which you are requesting to transfer your child. Greenwood School District 50 will not be responsible for transportation or any costs incurred as a result of your child attending school in another district. The release will be in effect as long as the district to which your child is transferring approves his/her admission.
Las solicitudes de transferencia de estudiantes para el año escolar 2023-2024 se abrirán el 1 de abril de 2023 y se cerrarán el 10 de julio de 2023. Si tiene alguna pregunta, comuníquese con Teran Nickles en [email protected] o al 864-941-5411.
El procesamiento de las solicitudes de transferencia de estudiantes comenzará en junio. Solo aumento de solicitud de noveno grado será revisado a partir de mayo. Las respuestas se enviarán por correo electrónico a la dirección de correo electrónico tu provees.
Si reside en el área de asistencia del Distrito Escolar 50 de Greenwood y desea solicitar que su hijo asista a una escuela, en el Distrito 50, que no sea a la que debe asistir, debe completar una solicitud de transferencia dentro del distritoPara completar una solicitud de transferencia dentro del distrito, clic aqui
Solicitud de transfrencia de estudiante fuera del distrito
REGLAMENTOS Y NORMAS PARA ESTUDIANTES FUERA DEL DISTRITO