Greenwood School of Inquiry (GSI)
Greenwood School of Inquiry (GSI) Hodges Elementary School
The intent of the Greenwood School of Inquiry is to develop inquisitive and expressive students who contribute to their school and local community as they prepare to achieve their individual life goals.
GSI is school choice model located at Hodges Elementary School and available to rising K5-fifth grade students. Students are able to attend this school-program if they are zoned to for Hodges Elementary, or accepted through the lottery application. Acceptance into GSI is based on the availability of space. The South Carolina College and Career Standards for English Language Arts, math, science, and social studies will be taught in an environment that embraces authentic investigations and project-based learning to all students. Current research, proven best practices, data, and technology will be used as primary learning tools to support the instruction at GSI.What is Inquiry?
- Students learn through authentic investigations
- Students gain in-depth knowledge of their fields of study through project-based learning
- Students' knowledge is structured to be transferable and applicable to a variety of situations
- Students learning will be accelerated and enriched by building on individual interests and prior experiences
Why a school of inquiry?
- Supports the district’s goal to move students into proficient or higher levels of academic performance
- Provides an enriched preparatory foundation for the district’s choice and magnet programs
- Provides students with the opportunity for a multi-sensory approach to learning
- Incorporates research, data, and technology as primary learning tools
- Prepares students for a global society through problem-based learning