Greenwood Fine Arts Academy
We are proud to offer the Greenwood Fine Arts Academy at Greenwood High School. All student applicants should be eligible to attend school in Greenwood School District 50. Acceptance into the Fine Arts Academy is based on the application, a live audition, and the availability of space.
Areas of Focus
- Visual Arts
Other arts classes offered in the program: Creative Writing and Media Arts
Benefits of the Fine Arts Academy
- Preferential scheduling of classes
- Assistance in preparation for college scholarships in Visual and Performing Arts
- Participation in and recognition at Senior Fine Arts Showcase
- Expanded opportunities to learn through Fine Arts field studies, competitions, guest artist-in-residencies and shows
Criteria for the Program
- Take a Fine Arts class in their concentration area every semester. Take one additional Fine Arts class outside of their concentration area during their high school career.
- Complete seminar classes first year of program. 7:00 AM Seminar class 2x a month.
- Participate in Senior Fine Arts Showcase.
Greenwood School District 50 is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is the policy of the District not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact the Office of Human Resources or the Office of Administration at 864-941-5400 if you have questions.