On September 7, SCDHEC released updated COVID-19 guidance for K-12 schools. Greenwood School District 50 will continue to follow the protocols and recommendations issued by DHEC in dealing with COVID-19. The latest COVID-19 protocol issued by DHEC states that:
- Students with no mask must be 6+ feet from an individual that tests positive for COVID-19 in order to not be quarantined.
- Students with a mask must be 3+ feet from an individual that tests positive for COVID-19 in order to not be quarantined.
Superintendent Steve Glenn said, “Our students and staff continue to work extremely hard despite the challenges presented by COVID-19 in our schools and community. Due to the pandemic, DHEC protocols and recommendations are always fluid. I understand that our parents and community may get frustrated with the constant change in protocols. I would encourage our parents to stress to their children the importance of wearing their masks or face coverings at school. While face coverings are not mandatory, our goal is to try and keep as many of our students and staff healthy for the remainder of the school year.”
District 50 strongly recommends the following in order to limit the spread of COVID-19 and help our students and staff stay in school.
- Wear a mask.
- For those eligible, get vaccinated.
- Keep your distance from others when possible.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Stay home when sick or waiting on COVID-19 test results.
For the latest information, visit www.gwd50.org/covid/.