D50 Encourages Public Input on Elementary & Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER III) Survey

The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief funds (ESSER III) issued by the federal government provided school districts with millions of dollars to address unfinished learning and accelerate students. This is the third round of federal monies that is being used by school districts as part of COVID-19 recovery. 


Greenwood School District 50 will receive an allocation of $27.9 million dollars in ESSER III funds. The federal government mandates that each local education agency (LEA) use at least 20% on learning loss using evidence based strategies. The remaining 80% can be spent in categories that include student support, safety, staff training & professional development, and other uses. To view all of the 15 spending categories, visit https://ed.sc.gov/policy/federal-education-programs/esser-funding-information/arp-esser-funding-information/arp-esser-spending-categories/


The district has created a public survey that allows stakeholders to provide their opinion on the spending of ESSER III funds. The district will also conduct virtual meetings with PTO/SIC Presidents and Business and Industry leaders on Thursday, July 15th to receive their suggestions and feedback. 


Click HERE to view and complete District 50’s ESSER III Public Survey!