D50 Collaborates with the Self Family Foundation 4K Classes
First class has filled and on our way to filling the second class. Great full day 4K opportunity.
These classes are at the Greenwood District 50 Early Childhood Center (ECC). Curriculum for the Gwd50/Self Grant classes will include Project Lead the Way Launch modules:
- Life Science: Living and Nonliving Things
- Matter: Floating and Sinking
- Healthy Habit
- Spatial Sense and Coding
In addition, preschool curriculum, Big Day in Pre-K. We want all of our students well prepared for kindergarten, let’s work together to make that a reality.
- Student must be 4 years of age by September 1, 2019
- Student must be eligible to attend Greenwood District 50
- Each class has a limited space of 20 slots. We only have two class and first class is full.
- Student does not have to qualify for South Carolina Child Early Reading Development and Education Program (CERDEP) – A public, state-funded, income based developmentally appropriate education program adhering to best practice, using research-based curriculum and assessment that must adhere to DSS regulations and SCDE Guidelines.
- Transportation will be available for this class.
If you are interested in this opportunity for your child, please take the following steps:
- Contact ECC 864-941-5520 to confirm a time when you can register your child and schedule a time for the DIAL. ECC is located at 1125 East Cambridge Avenue, Greenwood, SC.
- Share with the ECC contact that you are applying for the Gwd50/Self Grant class.
- Take the following items to registration: Child's birth certificate, SC Certification of Immunization (White State Certified Copy), Proof of Residence (Power, Cable, Utility Bill). You will also need a picture ID, example driver’s license, to enter the center.