Hello from Room 106! Mrs. Lorri Shannon is lead teacher and Mrs. Binni Kumar is assistant teacher. Primary Montessori is a multi-age class consisting of 3K, 4K, and 5K.
We would like to welcome back all of our returning children and families and extend a warm welcome to all of our new children and families. August is always a time of excitement, yet with that comes anxiety and nervousness for many children. We will do our best to ensure the transition is as seamless as possible and to ensure that each child feels loved, respected, and safe. A Montessori learning environment is like no other … our main objective is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children to develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills, and ideas essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. Respect and courtesy in our Montessori classroom is the foundation for everything we do and each child will soon learn the following important skills:
- how to put their work away where they found it
- how to clean up after themselves
- the importance of helping a friend in need
- the importance of respecting the materials, the teachers and each other
- how to push in their chair when they leave the table
- how to walk in the classroom
- how to be self-directed and find their own lessons
- how to concentrate and perservere
- and most importantly, how to be independent!
Each child will feel empowered and learn how great it feels to do things on their own! We are here to nurture, support, and guide them each and every day and are committed to making your child’s Primary Montessori experience productive, stimulating, and fun! We are honored that you have chosen us, and we are confident that this will be a wonderful year for everyone involved!