Welcome to the Emerald High School BETA Club.Beta club meetings are held on the Third Thursday of the month. There is a meeting at 7:50 AM and a make-up meeting 3:35 PM.Next meeting: May 16th at 7:45 AM and make-up session at 3:35 PM.
Induction Practice will be held Monday, May 20th, in the new gym from 3:35-3:55.
Induction Night and Senior Ceremony has been rescheduled. The ceremony will be held at 5:00 PM on May 21st in the new gym.
Alex Young-EHS BETA President
Julia Boone-EHS BETA Vice-President
Kendall Ridlehuber-EHS BETA SecretarySponsors:Mrs. Wells-BETA Head SponsorMrs. Parks-BETA assistant SponsorMr. Pearson-BETA assistant SponsorMrs. Sprouse-BETA assistant Sponsor"Let us lead by serving others."
Becoming a Member 2018-19 School Year
For a student to be invited to join the Senior Beta Club at EHS, he or she must maintain required cumulative GPA and be of good character (no Major discipline referrals for the previous and current year).
A student may become a member in the following ways:(The following induction criteria have changed for the 16-17 school year to reflect the new changes in SC grading policy and the changes in the National Beta Club criteria. These induction changes were constituted by agreement between the administration of Emerald High School and Greenwood High School and the sponsors of Emerald HS Beta club and Greenwood HS Beta club. Current EHS Beta club members are grandfathered into the program and need only maintain the criteria set by their induction date.)
- Freshmen who have earned at least eight (8) high school credits (by the middle of the freshmen year) and who have a 4.0 GPA on the uniform (weighted) grading scale after the first semester will be invited to join during the second semester of their ninth grade year, provided the student has no OSS for one year.
- Sophomores and Juniors with a 4.0 GPA on the uniform (weighted) grading scale will be invited to join during the second semester of their tenth or eleventh-grade year, provided the student has no OSS for one year.
- To become a member, the invited student must return a completed application form by the announced deadline and pay a one-time $25 membership fee. ($15 is sent to the National Beta Club organization to cover the cost of the certificate and the Beta Club pin; $10 is kept in our local chapter's account to cover yearly costs.)
Once a student becomes a member he or she must remain in good standing with the club in order to wear the Beta Club stole at graduation. In order to be in good standing a member must:
- Pay his or her yearly dues of $5.00
- Attend mandatory monthly meetings (school calendar: third Thursday of the month)
- Maintain a cumulative 4.0 GPA on the uniform grading scale
- Participate in at least 2 Beta Community Service Projects each semester
The Induction ceremony for new Beta club members is held in the spring at Emerald High School.