Scenarios for Students Indoors
Greenwood School District 50 recently updated our COVID-19 protocols in an effort to maintain a healthy and safe learning environment in our schools. These protocols include :
- Students with no mask must be 6+ feet from an individual that tests positive for COVID-19 in order to not be quarantined.
- Students with a mask must be 3+ feet from an individual that tests positive for COVID-19 in order to not be quarantined.
Students who quarantine due to being in close contact with a positive individual at school must be symptom free for 7 days and provide a negative COVID-19 test (taken during day 5-7) in order to return to school on day 8. If the parent chooses not to test the student, the student must serve a mandatory 10-day quarantine period and can return on day 11.
District 50 strongly recommends the following in order to limit the spread of COVID-19 and help our students and staff remain in school.
- Wear a mask.
- For those eligible, get vaccinated.
- Keep your distance from others when possible.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Stay home when sick or waiting on COVID-19 test results.