Pandemic Safety Expectations
Per Board policy all students and staff must adhere to the following guidelines to help ensure the safety of others and themselves during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Adhere to social distancing (to the extent possible).
- Wear a face covering that properly covers the nose and mouth when social distancing is not possible.
- Face covernings should be worn while on the school bus, while entering/exiting vehicles, in hallways, in restrooms, in the cafeteria, in the media center and in other areas of campus as directed by school staff.
- If needed, a face covering will be provided by the school.
- Face coverings that are offensive in nature or that cause a disruption are prohibited.
- Students with documented medical conditions and religious beliefs that prevent them from wearing a face covering should contact the principal. (Parent/guardian may initiate contact)
- Hand washing/sanitizing upon entry to the school building, classrooms, cafeteria, etc. should be practiced throughout the day.
Failure to follow the safety guidelines and persistent disobedience may lead to loss of face-to-face instruction and assignment to the virtual learning program. Prior to removal from face-to-face instruction, the following disciplinary steps will be taken:
- Verbal warnings
- Parent conferences
In addition, the Greenwood School District 50 Board of Trustees need all parents/guardians to assist in our efforts to provide a safe environment for students and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic; therefore, we implore parents to do the following each school day:
- Parents should monitor their child’s health daily prior to attending school. The following questions should be answered before leaving home:
- Your child should stay home if any one (1) of the following exist
- Fever (temperature 100.4 or higher) in the past 24 hours?
- Child has new or worsening cough?
- Child has any breathing difficulties such as shortness of breath?
- Child has experienced a loss of smell or taste?
- Child has been exposed to anyone who is sick, being tested for COVID-19 or diagnosed with COVID-19
- Before returning to school contact school nurse
- Your child should stay home if any two (2) of the following exist
- Child has extreme fatigue or is generally not feeling well?
- Child experienced chills,
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Before returning to school contact your school nurse.
All visitors are subject to health questions before entering the building. Upon entering the building, all visitors must wear a face covering, If needed, a face covering will be provided by school.