GWD50 Virtual Learning Program
GWD50 Virtual Learning Program 2020-2021
Greenwood School District 50 is committed to partnering with you for our full-time virtual learning program!
The GWD50 Virtual Learning Program will offer a full virtual option for students in grades 5K-12 for the 2020-21 school year. The GWD50 Virtual Learning Program will be administered through the use of technology and support of our dedicated teachers. This option will differ from the remote learning experience that students had in the spring of 2020 during the school closure. Teachers experienced in online platforms and virtual instruction will help and support student engagement.
Greenwood School District 50 announced today that Honors/AP courses will be offered for the virtual learning program with the exception of some elective honors courses. All core classes will be offered at the honors level including English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. These courses will be offered via synchronized (real-time virtual) learning on a 5 day basis. The platforms we utilize will include Google Classroom, Google Meet, Zoom, etc.
Your child's home school will be in contact with you by no later than August 3rd to set up a time to provide your child with his/her Chromebook and other materials you may need for the virtual program. School counselors will also be in touch with students who sign up for this program in regards to their schedule. Click here to see our updated FAQ sheet for this program. If you have any questions regarding the virtual learning program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This commitment form is due by Monday, July 27th.
- Students must have access to a Chromebook or computer and reliable internet.
- Students must make a commitment for a semester.
- SC Regulations regarding mandatory attendance will be followed. Students will participate daily in the GWD50 Virtual Learning Program.
- State Assessments will be conducted per SC regulations and time-frames.
- Students and parents will meet with the Director of Alternative Programs for orientation at Genesis Education Center (face-to-face or virtually). Date: TBA
- Students and staff will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- GWD50 teachers will provide academic support Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at the Genesis Education Center (face-to-face or virtually).
- Core classes of English, math, science & social studies will be provided.
Processes and Procedures:
- There will be an application process in place for students who need assistance in securing access to a computer and/or internet.
- Required testing will be administered at designated schools or district sites. These will be scheduled in small groups throughout the testing windows.