2022 Graduations will be live-streamed at:
Greenwood - https://youtu.be/So4kGooPwEQ
Emerald - https://youtu.be/6RCFWAZRm9E
Graduation exercises are almost here and District 50 has worked hard to ensure that traditional face-to-face graduations at Emerald and Greenwood High School will be safe and memorable for seniors and their parents. Dates for graduation ceremonies are as follows:
Emerald High School
Friday, June 3rd - 3:30 p.m. - Lander University Finis Horne Arena
Greenwood High School
Friday, June 3rd - 6:30 p.m. - Lander University Finis Horne Arena
Below is important information seniors and attendees should be aware of prior to the ceremonies:
- Each graduate will receive (6) tickets
- Metal detectors will be used at the main gates so please allow extra time and arrive early! The gates will open 90 minutes prior to the ceremony for both graduations
- Clear bag policy strictly enforced - no purses, clutches, wristlets, or bags of any kind
- No weapons allowed including pocket knives of any size
- No umbrellas, gifts, flowers, balloons, etc.
- Spectators must remain in their seats and are not permitted on the gym floor.
As always, graduation exercises are a memorable occasion for high school seniors. Whether the memories from the graduation ceremony are favorable or unfavorable depends in part upon the conduct of the spectators. Sometimes, guests will engage in conduct during the ceremony that is distracting and inappropriate. This can interfere with the enjoyment of those who have come to celebrate an important occasion with their children, relatives, friends, and neighbors. In order to provide the best graduation, the administrations from the two high schools request that guests do the following.
- Dress as you would for any other coat and tie affair.
- Children must be able to walk to be permitted into the ceremony.
- No one, including children, will be admitted to the ceremony without a ticket, even if the child will be sitting on their parent’s lap.
- Guests should remain at their seats throughout the entire graduation ceremony and during the recessional.
- Guests must refrain from yelling or causing any disturbances. Any person(s) choosing to disrupt the ceremony will be escorted from the stadium with disturbing school and/or disorderly conduct which may result in a fine and/or time in jail.
- While diplomas are being received by graduates, we ask that guests hold any applause or comments until all the graduates have received their diplomas.
- Cell phones and any electronic devices should be turned off and not used during the ceremony.
The graduates, administrations, and faculties of Emerald and Greenwood High Schools thank you in advance for your cooperation.