The following expectations and procedures are necessary to effectively use our class time:
- Students will be inside the classroom door and ready with materials when the tardy bell rings.
- Students are to remain seated until the bell rings…do not stand at the door.
- Students should not talk during any announcements made over the intercom system or television.
- Take care of locker and restroom needs between classes. Your presence in class is a necessary condition for learning. You must have agenda to be excused from the room.
- ID must be worn properly and visible at all times.
- Respect will be shown to fellow students and their belongings at all times.
- All district and school rules will be honored.
- Three ring notebook
- Notebook paper
- Pencils or pens
Nine weeks grades will be based on grades from unit tests, chapter tests, quizzes, projects, homework/class work grades, and class participation.
- Unit tests are always announced in advance. Any student absent on the day of a unit test is responsible for setting up a time to make up the test. No unit test grades will be dropped.
- Chapter tests are always announced in advance. No chapter test grades will be dropped.
- Short quizzes will be given on a regular basis and will sometimes be unannounced. At the end of the 9 wks, I will drop your lowest quiz grade before averaging your final grade.
- Homework will be checked regularly and a grade will be assigned based on the effort and completeness of the work. Class work may be checked and a grade will be assigned based on the correctness of the work. Homework and class work are only accepted on the day they are due…no late homework or class work will be accepted.
- Class Participation - students will receive a grade of 100 or 0 each day. A grade of 0 will be given for students that do not participate, do not follow instructions, come to class unprepared, etc.
Nine weeks grades:
- Test Average 40%
- Quiz Average 40%
- Participation/Homework/Classwork Average 20%
- First nine weeks 40%
- Second nine weeks 40%
- Final Exam 20% (no exemptions)
Students are required to keep an organized notebook containing notes, class work, homework, and returned quizzes. At random times during the 9 wks, I will check notebooks to be sure that you are keeping up.
Extra help is available between 8:00 – 8:20. Please let me know if you plan to come.