GHS STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING SYLLABUS
Instructor: Coach Seaborn
Location: Weight Room
Strength and Conditioning will consist of performing exercise routines, activities and movements to promote overall health and increase each student’s level of muscular strength, muscular endurance and cardiovascular fitness. Topics or areas addressed throughout the semester will be stretching and proper warm-up, exercise specification, technique, operational safety and aspects of nutrition. Students will perform specific workouts to enhance/develop different aspects of the body.
To receive full daily credit, the student must dress out for class activity in appropriate attire (athletic clothing, tennis shoes) and complete all class activities at a satisfactory level. Failure to do so will result in a deduction off the student’s daily grade, and consequently, class average.
- 80% - Daily Participation
- 20% - Final Exam
- Be in the GYM for roll call (boys’ PE side) before the tardy bell rings.
- After roll, dress out / restroom (8 minutes)
- Report to weight room together and form groups quickly (3-4)
- Daily warm-up and begin prescribed workout. All will clean up when done.
- Stay in the gym until the dismissal bell rings.
- Be on time.
- No food or drink in weight room, water only, no exceptions.
- Respect the teacher, respect each other.
- All school rules apply, all the time.
- No cell phones in the weight room, no exceptions. Using phone is off task, thus affecting your grade.
- If you want to charge your phone, you bring it to me, no exceptions.