Degrees and Certifications:
WELCOME TO JOURNALISM RELATED ARTS CLASS!
Welcome to Journalism!
This class is a nine-weks rotation class where students will learn many things about the journalism profession including:
1. What is journalism
2. Types of Journalism
3. Writing Skills
4. Social Skills (interviewing, interacting, teamwork)
5. Proofing and Editing
7. Time Management
"The Bulldog's Bark" - is our school publication that our journalism students will create each week.
1. we will review last week's paper and see what needs to be changed / taken out
2. we will decide what features will go in the newspaper this week (groups of students will be in charge of a different section)
3. Who do we need to interview (interviewing process)
4. Send interviewers on assignment
1. Writers will begin writing up information from the interviewers
2. Interviewers will continue to go on assignment as needed
3. Proofers will review what the writer's have wrote for the newspaper
4. Add finished articles to the newspaper
1. Writers continue writing information from the interviewers
2. Proofers will continue to review what the writer's have wrote for the paper
3. We will continue to add finished articles to the newspaper
4. Photographers will take / find clip art samples for the newspaper
5. We will review what we have done for the week and see if we need anything else before we print the newspaper.
1. Complete minor changes
2. Print the newspaper
3. Publish newspaper on school website
1. Classwork Day - students will use this time to complete their current events article
2. Blog - students will use this time to complete their weekly blog assignment
3. Meet to begin thinking about next week's newspaper.