Honors World History
This class explores the development of countries from the 15th century through the modern era. Students will use a variety of methods in this exploration including Project Based Learning, lectures, simulations, technology-driven research, and many other methods. Students at the honors level will be expected to demonstrate their learning at a more advanced level with increased requirements from that of the CP level. Successful completion of this class will prepare students for continuation in the AP level of Social Studies classes during their time at Emerald.
How do I stay informed?
- Syllabus - All students will receive a class syllabus on the first day of class. The syllabus will also be loaded below. My contact information is located on the syllabus and on my main website. Parents are encouraged to contact me with questions at any time.
- E-Mail - I send out emails very often concerning what is going on in class. It is very important that parents make sure I have accurate email accounts to contact them during the year. Students will bring home a contact sheet within the first week of school that I ask you to complete as the parent. If an email address changes during the year, please let me know so that I can update my contact information.
- Remind 101 - As part of the information sheet parents will be provided with a number to send a text to. This number will allow me to send you daily text messages, as needed, with information concerning homework, tests, and upcoming assignments. I encourage both students and parents to sign up for this free service. You will be unable to contact me directly through this and I will be unable to see your actual cell number. What it does provide though is an easy way to let parents know what is going on and what they should be looking for from their student.
Classroom Supplies for Honors World History
- Loose leaf notebook paper
- 2 inch three ring binder
- Five dividers
- Pens (five different colors that can easily be read)
- Highlighters (two different colors)
- Colored pencils (to last the entire semester)
The mission of Emerald High School is to develop in all students the skills, the knowledge, and the responsibility to be productive citizens and life-long learners.